Hannah couldn't wait to tell me about music today- because Mr. Gerdell was sick. He was not at school today! There was a different teacher for music class, but Hannah can't remember her name. They played cymbals in class, because they are Ignacio's favorite.
Every week jobs change... and this week Hannah gets to do the calendar! This is her first time doing this job, however, she's been practicing at home. She has a pointer from her abacus that broke, and she uses it in her room to point at the days and dates on her calendar. I caught her teaching Nemo a few days ago, and now I understand what she's doing!
I arrived a bit early today to pick Hannah up, so I decided to go inside and sneak a peek at what was going on in the classroom. They were in the library with Mrs. McGowan when I arrived. They were reading a book about a big pumpkin that rolled down the hill. I hid around the corner, so Hannah wouldn't see me. It was amazing to see her listening, following instruction and behaving so politely- all on her own. I'm so proud of my little girl.
The drawing above, is the United States- I can see it!
Other things Hannah told us about today:
- went to the Chapel this morning to say morning prayers
- played outside for the first time in a week
- Mrs. Schmidt helped her do the monkey bars
- Grace brought a horse for show and tell
- made a house for art project, but couldn't bring it home
- ate crackers and cheese for a snack
- painted pumpkins, but they had to dry
- Keejuck did something funny
- Shawn played with Legos
- Leonard and Collin pretended to be dinasours
- Alyssa played blocks with Hannah
No comments:
Post a Comment