Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day 18

"I didn't like the apples. They were too hot!"

Hannah's class has been very busy learning about the seasons and the transition from September to October. They have been talking about apples. They made apple trees for an art project.


Today, they made grilled apples in the classroom. They helped to peel, slice and stir the apples. Hannah didn't like them because they were too hot.

The class has been watching seedlings grow inside, and they were finally ready to move outdoors. The class was able to help plant them outside in pots by the playground today before recess. Hannah said it was just like planting the garden that she helped me with this summer.

Hannah was excited to have passed out the snacks in class again today- they had individual circus animal crackers in the box. She had broken the string on one of the boxes when I brought them home last week- and she made sure that she got that one today.

Other things Hannah told us about today:
  • went to the music room
  • didn't play instruments, only sang songs
  • continued to remind me that I scratched her nose this morning with my ring while taking off her sweater
  • played play dough with Grace and Shawn
  • read a book about bears
  • talked about winter
  • played on the playground- of course, on the slide

In the car on the way to Nana's- where I get most of my information, Hannah said, "No more questions, Mom!"

No comments:

Post a Comment