Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Day 13

"Mr. Mom"

I have been away from home since Monday afternoon at a client conference- today was
Daddy's first day of bringing Hannah to school. We have been preparing Hannah for the past several days, and telling her that Daddy would be bringing her and picking her up.

They arrived at school on time- following the normal routine- even counting school buses along the way (they only saw 9) Hannah was fine with Tyler leaving- and the day looked to be a success.

Tyler then calls me at 10:00am, after trying to reach Nana, to let me know that he was stuck on the highway with a flat tire, on the way to go shopping before picking Hannah up from school. I fortunately was at a point in the conference, where I could get away to pick her up. When I arrived at school, and Hannah walked out with Mrs. Schmidt, she stopped dead in her tracks when she saw me- and had a complete meltdown. Instead of being excited to see me.. because I hadn't been home in 2 days- she was distraught that Daddy didn't come to pick her up, like we told her he would. It made me want to laugh and cry at the same time.

After calming down... several minutes into the car ride home... she told me about her day. The highlight was going to music class where they talked about animals and mimicked the sounds they made in songs. Hannah was the turkey and gobble-gobbled!

Other things Hannah did today:
  • played outside on the slide
  • came home with blue paint in her hair
  • is getting very good at cutting with scissors
  • connected the numbers on the worksheet above
  • read a book about dragons today
  • Collin cried in class today
  • ate chocolate teddy grahams for a snack
  • really wanted Daddy to pick her up

No comments:

Post a Comment